Sunday, 17 April 2016

5 Cheap and Easy Photography Backgrounds

Although photography is so much fun, taking beautiful blog pictures can sometimes seem like an impossible challenge! For me, the background of a picture is sometimes just as important as what's in the picture and being on a student budget (AKA not actually having lovely marble sides or distressed wooden floors in my house) I usually resort to using some clever samples. These are my top 5 backgrounds with links to where they came from!
Whitewash Oak Flooring Sample - £2 (X). This is by far my favourite background! It's simple enough to not make a picture too busy, but equally is interesting enough to make a picture slightly more eye-catching. It works so well for photographing beauty products and is also crazy affordable.

A3 White Paper - £3.49 or cheaper (X). This simple background will always be a winner! The plain background makes the picture instantly clearer and brighter, and really lets the products shine. I've used some A3 paper from WHSmiths as I already had it, but if you're really on a budget consider using the back of a lovely free wallpaper sample.
Marble Vinyl - £3.49 (X). Marble, the beloved go to background of beauty bloggers everywhere. And while it may seem that having a marble table or side is just crazily common in the blogging world, its really not! For this background I've simple bought a sample of marble vinyl off ebay and stuck it to some leftover cardboard. For me, the marble adds a bit of simple elegance to a picture and personally I love to use this background for photographing makeup.

Distressed Wood Wallpaper Sample - Free (X). This is fairly similar to the first background, but with the big advantage of being a lot bigger! This is another simple-ish background that adds a bit of a rustic vintage twist to the picture.

Map Wallpaper Sample - Free (X). Another Homebase wallpaper sample, this time a map. I love the idea of using maps as a background as its adds a unique twist to pictures and isn't as widely used as the other backgrounds in this post. I also love travelling so like that adds a hnt of my personality to pictures.
What's your favourite background for blog pictures?
Georgia xxxx
Also to anyone I confused with my last post Lush's bubble bars are reusable (like their gorgeous carrots) but their bath bombs aren't!
SHARE:

45 comments

  1. These are SUCH good ideas! Definitely going to be doing these xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your backgrounds! I use A3 white paper and I also printed off a marble background which looks really effective X

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The print off is such a great idea xx

      Delete
  3. Some great ideas here I'm definitely using some..Love the map!

    Matt // The Tailored Gent

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these look amazing, I definitely need to find some for myself to use :)

    DippyWrites

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this post ! I really struggle with my blog photography and these backgrounds will be so helpful and I'm actually going to get all of these this week ! Thank you so so much ! I'd love to hear about blog photography in more posts :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow I never thought of buying wallpaper and using it before, I just use plain bed sheets, I'm going to be on the lookout for some great patterns now! Thanks a lot! x

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooden background is always my go to! But I love the marble vinyl, I might have to invest! ;)

    Kim xx

    www.sincerelykimberly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to get a marble vinyl, I love the effect. Also love the map, I haven't seen that too much!

    <a href="http://www.themakeupdirectory.co.uk”> The Makeup Directory</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to use the map more! xx

      Delete
  9. I am always taking wallpaper samples to use for blog photo backgrounds! Such a good post, and I love the idea of the map x

    www.bisoushollyolivia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the map!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing these fab ideas! Olive going into home base to get new backgrounds! Last time me and my mum came out with so so much! xo
    Jessica Ann ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always use a plain white cardboard for instagram pictures. Haha! I think it makes everything clean and classy. Anyway, I have to try the rest. Thanks for sharing! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA // New Post- Lighthouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree, love a plain background! xx

      Delete
  13. I really like the white wood! Love this post!

    -Sophie xx || www.cherriesandperfume.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you have a leather sofa?
    Dark leather makes a good contrast and a pleasant background for small items...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you have a leather sofa?
    Dark leather makes a good contrast and a pleasant background for small items...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought so many people had really lavish marble topped kitchen surfaces until I realised everyone was just using print outs. Omg I'm so dumb. I've been using Graham & Brown wallpaper samples for my backgrounds. They are gorgeous!

    Jess
    Philocalist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I was the same! Need to check them out! xx

      Delete
  17. I love all of these! My favorite backgrounds are white paper, wooden desk and nice bed sheets, haha. I'd love to get something with marble though :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing ideas! Thank you for these! :)

    xx Jamie | With Love, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, thanks for reading! xx

      Delete
  19. I love the wall paper sample idea, I wish I had known about this sooner. I'm always struggling with photography and backgrounds, I also like the added extras you put in your photos which you may not necessarily be blogging about - perhaps you could do a post on this. I tried doing it once before but I felt like it looked silly!

    Cultivation of Jasmin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to do a post on that! Thanks for the idea lovely, and I'm sure it didn't look silly! xx

      Delete
  20. Ooh love the idea of using wallpaper samples! I'm a sucker for a white fur rug. The texture and the colour just looks really lovely! xx

    http://lifeaccordingtolili.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that as a background! Really need to get myself one! xx

      Delete
  21. I love the map wallpaper, wouldn't have thought it would be so pretty! I really need to grab more wallpaper samples. I have so many floor samples but they're so annoying to store!! x

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Completely agree, I have no idea where to put mine! xx

      Delete
  22. Perfect flatlays!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  23. Most of the time I prefer to use white background, however I want to invest on some marble pieces, it looks good as a house decor as well :)

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  24. I looooove those backgrounds! I've been desperately searching for a place to buy it in Denmark, but so far no luck. Maybe it's time to give it another go!

    x Anne @ Annesmiles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Have an amazing day! Georgia xx

© Chasing Belle 23. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig