Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Nars Sheer Glow: The Foundation That's Worth the Splurge

When it comes to make up a lot of the time you can't go wrong with high street. With so many brands and options finding a killer mascara or lipstick should be easy to do. But for me, the one perfect product I've never been able to find is a good foundation. I'm sure they're out there, I've just never quite found one I'd happily use forever. So after a seriously bad week skin wise I decided to screw it and try a more expensive one, and after much searching settled on Nars Sheer Glow
From twitter to youtube I've heard a lot of buzz about this £31 foundation, and although I'm probably quite late on the bandwagon I'm so glad I decided to try it! I don't live anywhere near a Nars outlet so decided to buy online from John Lewis as they have really affordable delivery rates. Admittedly buying a foundation without having seen it is pretty risky but I was lucky enough to have a near perfect match to my skin. They have about 20 shades to choose from so chances are they'll be a perfect shade for you, its just finding it! As I'm quite pale and cool toned I settled on the shade Mont Blanc after a lot of research online and watching tons of youtube tutorials featuring different shades. 
Promising to leave skin hydrated, luminous, glowing and even, this one definitely didn't disappoint! It has an incredible mix of feeling so light on the skin, but also giving really good coverage, meaning that skin looks completely even and near flawless (at least compared to pre-foundation!). I have really dry skin at the moment, and some CC creams and foundations can leave my skin even drier and just look horrible, so I was a bit worried that I may have spent quite a bit of money on a product that might just not work for me. But I've found this to be fairly hydrating and provided I've applied moisturiser and primer (If I remember the primer!) this doesn't dry out my skin at all. 
I wouldn't say this foundation is hugely glowing (which personally I prefer!), but rather gives a really natural, subtle finish which honestly just gives the illusion of having perfect skin. As a big fan of more natural looking make up this was right up my street, and I've literally gone from wearing only concealer to applying foundation nearly every day. One thing I would recommend though, is buying a pump for £3 as its a very liquidy foundation and personally I think it might be quite hard to judge how much is going to pour out! 
Despite having quite an expensive price tag compared to more high street options, this foundation is completely worth the money for me! It applied so easily, give skin a subtle, perfect finish and completely evens out my skin tone. Its also really raised my confidence, so if you're having a tough time skin wise and want a bit of a treat I'd definitely say give this one a go! 
What's your favourite foundation?
Georgia xxxx 
SHARE:

29 comments

  1. I've been eyeing up this foundation for ages, but I was too scared about not getting quite a perfect match. I've just bought MAC Studio Sculpt which is nice, but quite thick. I had a sample of that so I knew which shade to go for! I love love love NARS though and definitely want to expand my collection!

    Lucy x- Yellowicing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend it, but it can be so hard to get a good match! xx

      Delete
  2. This seems like an amazing splurge, I definitely need to test it out! Thanks for sharing!!

    Elainea
    toast the girl almighty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nars Sheer glow is my holy grail! I tried the new All Day luminous one but it doesn't live up to the hype of sheer glow for my skin type! Glad you find it worth the splurge as it does come with a hefty price tag if you don't like it! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think it may become my holy grail too! xx

      Delete
  4. I love this foundation too! Haven't worn it in ages but I think I might crack it out tomorrow after reading this! I've been dying to try the new Velvet Matte tint so I might watch a few YouTube videos too and see what the coverage is like!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have to check that one out! xx

      Delete
  5. I love this foundation! x

    Cait // beyondthebeautybag.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this foundation as well! Definitely well worth the splurge, it is something you're putting on your face after all! :) great review! xx

    http://leonnilittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to try this for a while now!

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually been dying to try this foundation, but we don't have Nars in Lithuania and picking out a right shade while buying online can be a struggle especially with this kind of price :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore their luminous weightless foundation - I have a sample of this and am now very excited to try it out too! Love your pic :)

    littleyellowbutterflies.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could not agree more with this post, Sheer Glow is definitely worth it and it's one of my favourites! I'm currently using Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Foundation which I love as much as NARS! x

    Always, Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh will have to try that one out! xx

      Delete
  11. I've always heard so many raves about this foundation, I'd totally splurge on it too but I don't generally wear foundation that much. I haven't actually tried anything from NARS though but I do have my eye on some of their blushers and lipsticks.

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try some Nars blushers too :) xx

      Delete
  12. I have such oily skin and i never thought this would work but it is one of my favourite foundations. It lasts all day and looks flawless.
    Emmy | Emmys Beauty Cave | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard so much about this and I agree buying the pump would be a necessity because I hate it when you accidentely use all of your foundation by slipping and tipping loads out ! It sounds brilliant :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh this sounds intriguing! I may have t give it a go xx adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is on my list to try!

    Leanne | www.oohsimplething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Have an amazing day! Georgia xx

© Chasing Belle 23. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig