Nowadays it seems that a lot of teenagers are just skipping the whole make up disaster stage, but back when I was 13 we didn't have YouTube tutorials to help us out and many, many fashion and make up mistakes were made! Here's a little nostalgic collection of my top 10.
1. The classic orange foundation white neck combination was a daily occurrence. From old pictures finding a shade of foundation that actually matched my skin colour was just not a priority!
2. Applying said orange foundation with my fingers.. Thank god for make up brushes!
3. Putting WAY too much mascara on until my lashes resemble clumpy spidery nightmares. I probably still wear too much mascara but thankfully not as much as I used to!
4. Wearing enough black eye liner on my lower lash line to rival Taylor Momsen in season 3 of Gossip Girl.
5. Taking straightening my hair to ridiculous levels, as in half an hour a day, every day.
6. Wearing my super straight hair in a slightly alarming massive side fringe, as illustrated by the incriminating photo above.
7. Leaving my make up on overnight, because taking 2 minutes to properly remove it would have just distracted me from important things like MSN and watching 90210.
8. Wearing a ridiculous number of necklaces, and not in a cool layered way! Why did I feel that wearing 6 very similar necklaces from Claire's Accessories at once was such a good idea?!
9. Believing that tipex applied to my nails in a science lesson was a brilliant fashion choice. White nail varnish may look cool, but the badly applied tipex nails I was rocking definitely did not!
10. Attempting to fake tan and not quite achieving the flawless look from the adverts, AKA just having a lot of orange streaks.
To share the
pain nostalgia, I'd love to hear any of your past beauty escapades!