Monday, 7 March 2016

10 Beauty Confessions From My Teenage Years

Nowadays it seems that a lot of teenagers are just skipping the whole make up disaster stage, but back when I was 13 we didn't have YouTube tutorials to help us out and many, many fashion and make up mistakes were made! Here's a little nostalgic collection of my top 10.

1. The classic orange foundation white neck combination was a daily occurrence. From old pictures finding a shade of foundation that actually matched my skin colour was just not a priority!
2. Applying said orange foundation with my fingers.. Thank god for make up brushes!
3. Putting WAY too much mascara on until my lashes resemble clumpy spidery nightmares. I probably still wear too much mascara but thankfully not as much as I used to!
4. Wearing enough black eye liner on my lower lash line to rival Taylor Momsen in season 3 of Gossip Girl.
5. Taking straightening my hair to ridiculous levels, as in half an hour a day, every day.


6. Wearing my super straight hair in a slightly alarming massive side fringe, as illustrated by the incriminating photo above.
7. Leaving my make up on overnight, because taking 2 minutes to properly remove it would have just distracted me from important things like MSN and watching 90210.
8. Wearing a ridiculous number of necklaces, and not in a cool layered way! Why did I feel that wearing 6 very similar necklaces from Claire's Accessories at once was such a good idea?!
9. Believing that tipex applied to my nails in a science lesson was a brilliant fashion choice. White nail varnish may look cool, but the badly applied tipex nails I was rocking definitely did not! 
10. Attempting to fake tan and not quite achieving the flawless look from the adverts, AKA just having a lot of orange streaks.

To share the pain nostalgia, I'd love to hear any of your past beauty escapades!
Georgia xxxx
SHARE:

37 comments

  1. Oh gotta love tipex nails! The original French manicure! I used to put a ton of bronzer on to go out but didn't bother with blusher so just looked like a dirty mess!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I was definitely a fan of over doing the bronzer too! xx

      Delete
  2. Aw that photo!! I totally agree, girls seem to be missing out on this bit! The fringe was the baine of my bloody life! xx

    Blog:: Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this! Not washing my makeup off was one of my worst beauty habits in my teenage years!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can relate to so most of these! especially with the straightened hair, thats what i'd spend most of my time doing to make it perfectly straight, then an hour later it wouldn't be straight anymore haha! great post:)xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to most of these haha. I was definitely guilty of not matching my foundation to my skin, it always looked orange. And I also straightened my hair for 30 min every single day, what a waste of time. I once really messed up my eyebrows, until only a thin line was left & I was incapable of blending eyeshadow (I think I still am haha). xx

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I think messing up my eyebrows hugely was like the 1 mistake I managed to avoid! With you on the eye shadow though haha xx

      Delete
  6. Haha we have ALL tried that fake tan in our lives!! The struggle was definitely real.

    Elainea
    toast the girl almighty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this brought back memories, I used to wear eyeliner like panda eyes it was awful, what's worse is I only grew out of it 4 years ago :P I used to have an awful fringe that went from one side of my head to the other and you could not see my forehead. I think our generation did quite well without youtube tutorials, msn was the bomb!

    Meme xx

    Giveaway at:
    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the exact same with my fringe haha, MSN was amazing! xx

      Delete
  8. haha so relatable!! love how honest you are! oh and talking about Taylor Momsen, because of her I fell in love with that black eye dar look, ohh iconic!

    Violeta from http://blogbyvioleta.blogspot.lt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I love the Pretty Reckless! xx

      Delete
  9. I can relate to a lot of these! It's really amusing to read all the things we used to do when we were younger... haha

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always had a hard time with eye shadows, gosh I've practised and practised but still feels like I look like total dummie after it hahah :D

    <3: Jasmin N | littlethingswithjassy.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can so relate to this, mine just never looks like it should! xx

      Delete
  11. Oh god all of these, but yes who hasn't applied orange foundation at least 2 shades too dark with their fingers? Oh school memories!

    Beka. xo | littleworldofbeka

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think we all have some confessions to make, haha I also used to wear so much black eye liner on my lower lash line... Grat post
    xx
    Pauli
    http://liketowearit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was so funny! I also used to apply foundation with my fingers...and my blush...and my eyeshadow. I think in old photos I'm most horrified by my eyebrows, they looked like caterpillars!

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank god we've learnt as we've got older! xx

      Delete
  14. This was so funny! I have done most of these. x

    Cait // beyondthebeautybag.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, love this! I am guilty of applying foundation with my fingers too. I feel so ashamed now. And let's not forget that disastrous tanned face, white neck situation I was having for quite some time...

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't know why I thought that was the way to apply it! I think I had an orange face for well over a year xx

      Delete
  16. Lol I used to put foundation on with my fingers!!!! Makes me feel so gross now thinking about that!

    www.lovefromliv.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Make up brushes are now always used :) xx

      Delete
  17. I love a good hearted read! I literally used to do so many of these things. Why did I ever think it looked cool to paint my nails white with tipex hahaha x

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Im sure we've all rocked the orange face & white neck combo in our teenage days too. The bad thing is I applied all my makeup with my fingers back when I was younger (cringe) x

    lipstickandmascaras.blogspot.co.uk
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I used to straighten my hair loads but now I hate flat hair and love it to be big with volume.
    I never wore foundation until a few years ago so I was lucky not to experience orange/white neck but I remember just wearing a lot of pencil eyeliner with my claire's accessories eyeshadow kit and yes! MSN those's were the days

    Leanne | www.oohsimplething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Have an amazing day! Georgia xx

© Chasing Belle 23. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig